Preventive Dentistry in Sandy, UT
Pediatric Dentistry, (and general dentistry altogether) is all about preventing disease, decay and pain. Our preventive services are based around helping your child develop the best dental habits that he/she can develop. While we perform thorough and careful exams for your children, we also teach them how create and execute proper habits.
The following is an example of practice we teach our patients that can help you and your children maintain good dental hygiene and health within the home:
- Brush at least twice a day to remove plaque formed from meals eaten throughout the day.
- Make sure to brush the outer and inner surfaces of each tooth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside of the front teeth.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Floss at least once a day to help clean spaces between your teeth and disrupt plaque colonies from building up, in order to prevent damage to the gums, teeth, and bone.
- Rinse your mouth with water after brushing and after meals if you are unable to brush.
If your child implements these practices, and incorporates them in his/her daily life, then they will create the foundational habits that will help them prevent disease, decay and unnecessary pain throughout their entire lives. By teaching your children to keep these habits and to attend regular dental appointments, they will be able to benefit form great dental health and confidence in their brilliant and beautiful smiles.